RAPPELLING TOWER MAINTENANCE Base+4 West Point
|Agency:||DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||Jan 15, 2020|
|Due Date:||Jan 23, 2020|
- Contract Opportunity Type: Sources Sought (Original)
- All Dates/Times are: (UTC-05:00) EASTERN STANDARD TIME, NEW YORK, USA
- Original Published Date: Jan 14, 2020 04:18 pm EST
- Original Response Date: Jan 23, 2020 01:00 pm EST
- Inactive Policy: 15 days after response date
- Original Inactive Date: Feb 07, 2020
- Original Set Aside: Total Small Business Set-Aside (FAR 19.5)
- Product Service Code: J040 - MAINT/REPAIR/REBUILD OF EQUIPMENT- ROPE, CABLE, CHAIN, AND FITTINGS
- NAICS Code: 811310 - Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment (except Automotive and Electronic) Repair and Maintenance
Place of Performance:
West Point , NY 10996USA
This is a Sources Sought Notice ONLY. The U.S. Government has a requirement for Rappelling Tower Maintenance Base +4 (Recompete) at West Point, NY in accordance on a small business set-aside basis, provided 2 or more qualified small businesses respond to this sources sought synopsis with information sufficient to support a set-aside. Be advised that the U.S. Government will not be able to set aside this requirement if 2 or more small businesses do not respond with information to support the set-aside. We encourage all small businesses, in all socioeconomic categories (including, 8(a) Business Development Program, Small Disadvantage Business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned, Women-Owned Small Business concerns), to identify their capabilities in meeting the requirement at a fair market price.
This notice is issued solely for information and planning purposes – it does not constitute a Request for Quote (RFQ)/Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) or a promise to issue an RFQ, IFB or RFP in the future. This notice does not commit the U.S. Government to contract for any supply or service. Further, the U.S. Government is not seeking quotes, bids or proposals at this time and will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this sources sought notice. The U.S. Government will not pay for any information or administrative costs incurred in response to this notice. Submittals will not be returned to the responder. Not responding to this notice does not preclude participation in any future RFQ or IFB or RFP, if any is issued. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the Government wide Point of Entry. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the government wide Point of Entry for additional information pertaining to this requirement. The anticipated NAICS code(s) is 811310 - Commercial and industrial machinery repair and maintenance services, the associated size standard of less than $8000,000.00 employees.
SCOPE OF WORK - RAPPELLING TOWERS/SLIDE FOR LIFE/CARGO CLIMBING NET. The Contractor shall provide all labor, material, equipment, and supervision necessary to accomplish yearly preventative maintenance, inspection and certification on the Rappelling Tower located at South Dock,. Use check list, Attachment titled Appendix A. Rappel Tower to perform inspection and certification of Rappelling Tower, to include anchor points. Inspection and certification for all wire ropes and safety fall nets on the Slide for Life and the supporting guy cables and cable hardware on the Confidence Climb located at Camp Buckner, inspection and testing of the anchor points at the Pine Ridge Rappel Site located off Bull Pond Road, and the inspection, testing and certification of the safety tie off line and the safety line hardware and anchor points across the spillway on Stillwell Dam West Point, NY 10996. Install one (1) Cargo climbing net on Marne One Obstacle at Camp Buckner. Attachment title Appendix B. Contract shall have a base year performance period of 1 April 2020 thru 31 March 2021 with 4 option years.
GENERAL. A. The intent of this service contract is the complete inspection, certification and maintenance to insure trouble free and safe operation of the Rappelling Tower located at South Dock, the anchor points at the Pine Ridge Rappel site, the safety line at Stillwell Dam and the safe use of the Slide for Life cable, Cargo Net and confidence Climb located at Camp Buckner.
B. All work to be accomplished between 1 April 2020 and 30 March 2021 of each calendar year.
See Attached scope of work.
In response to this sources sought, please provide:
1. Name of the firm, point of contact, phone number, email address, DUNS number, CAGE code, a statement regarding small business status (including small business type(s)/certifications(s) such as SDB, 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB,GSA, etc.) and the corresponding NAICS code.
2. Identify whether your firm is interested in competing for this requirement as a prime contractor or not. Identify subcontracting, joint ventures or teaming arrangement that will be pursued, if any.
3. Information in sufficient detail regarding previous experience (indicate whether as a prime contractor or subcontractor) on similar requirements (include size, scope, complexity, timeframe, government or commercial), pertinent certifications, etc., that will facilitate making a capability determination.
4. Information to help determine if the requirement for Repair Maintenance to Rappel Tower is commercially available, including pricing information, basis for the pricing information (e.g., market pricing, catalog pricing), delivery schedules, customary terms and conditions, warranties, etc.
5. Identify how the Army can best structure these contract requirements to facilitate competition by and among small business concerns.
6. Identify any condition or action that may be having the effect of unnecessarily restricting competition with respect to this acquisition. If you believe that this action is unreasonably restricting competition please indicate this in your response. Include the subject of the acquisition, this announcement, and the MICC POC information from the FedBizOpps notice. Provide the specific aspects that unreasonably restrict competition and the rationale for such conclusion.
7. Recommendations to improve the approach/specifications/draft PWS/PRS to acquiring the identified items/services.
8. Please send all responses to the MICC Purchasing Agent, Sonya Van Valkenburg, at Sonya.D.Vanvalkenburg.email@example.com 845-938-8179, and be sure to include the Sources Sought Notice W911SD20R0025 in your email subject line to prevent your reply from being deleted as SPAM.
- KO DIRECTORATE OF CONTRACTIN MADC 681 HARDEE PLACE
- WEST POINT , NY 10996-1514
- Sonya D. Van Valkenburg
- Phone Number 8459388179
- Jan 14, 2020 04:18 pm ESTSources Sought (Original)
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.